- Eight (8) patents have been filed on fire resistant materials and technology developed by the FAA or through FAA-sponsored research during the first two years of the program.
- An Interagency Working Group on Fire and Materials has been created in which 40 government agencies meet semi-annually to share research results and information. An M.O.U. has been signed. The group is FAA-chaired.
- Published National Research Council Study on Improved Fire- and Smoke-Resistant Materials for Commercial Aircraft Interiors (NMAB-477-1, 1995)
- Formed university-government-industry consortium on Fire Safe Aircraft Materials at U. of Mass., Amherst. Several Fortune 100 companies (including Boeing) contributing directly to FAA program to share research costs.
- Joined EPIC (university-government-industry) Consortium at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH.
- Sponsored four (4) FAA sessions on New Developments in Fire Resistant Polymers at Society of Plastics Engineers Annual Technical Conference, Indianapolis, IN, May 1996.
- Three (3) sessions on Fire Safe Materials at Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering (SAMPE) International Symposium, Anaheim, CA, March 1996.
- International FAA Symposium on Fire Calorimetry, Gaithersburg, MD (DOT/FAA/CT-95/46).
- Published over 100 journal and proceedings articles describing FAA and FAA-sponsored fire resistant materials research since 1995